MIKUMI-SELOUS 8 days from € 1595,- p.p.
During this 8-day Mikumi-Selous safari tour we take you two of the nicest wildlife reserves of South Tanzania – the MIKUMI National Park and the SELOUS GAME RESERVE, the biggest game and nature reserve in Tanzania. We leave the pleasant Mahaba Beach Resort and reach the Mikumi gate after a drive of about half a day. We have a good chance of seeing our first big game during our game drive in the afternoon.
We will stay in a comfortable rooms in the Mikumi National Park for 2 nights, after which we take a scenic route to the bordering Selous Game Reserve in an 4WD jeep. This is the biggest reserve in Africa and offers you beautiful flora and fauna with an amazing variety of birdlife, hippos, crocodiles, elephants, lions, leopards, gnus, zebras, giraffes and various sorts of antelope such as impalas, kudus, pukus, roans and dik diks. Threatened species such as wild dogs and rhinos are also found here and the broad Rufiji River offers exotic fish species, crocodiles and many hippos.
Using a safari-jeep, a safari boat and on foot, we are going to explore the best parts of the Selous Park. Here you will stay in the beautifully located Africa Safari Camp, in furnished ‘bandas’ (typically African huts) with beds, shower and toilet. The Africa Safari Camp also has a swimming pool, restaurant, bar and a space where you can relax after an adventurous safari day.
BY AIR FROM SELOUS TO ZANZIBAR
- You may want to drive back to Dar es Salaam after the last day of the safari for your return flight home
- or board a 13-seater aircraft for a flight from the Selous Park to Dar es Salaam
- or fly on to Zanzibar for a beach holiday on the exotic island of ZANZIBAR
8-days Mikumi & Selous:
- DAY 1: Arrival Dar es Salaam – Mahaba Beach
- DAY 2: Mahaba Beach
- DAY 3: Mahaba Beach – Mikumi NP
- DAY 4: Mikumi NP – game drives
- DAY 5: Mikumi – Selous
- DAY 6: Selous Game Reserve – boat safari – bush walk
- DAY 7: Selous
- DAY 8: Mahaba Beach – Dar es Salaam – Zanzibar (extension or return flight)
During this 8-day Mikumi-Selous safari tour we show you the nicest parks in Southern Tanzania, the MIKUMI National Park and the SELOUS game reserve:
DAY 1: Arrival Dar es Salaam – Mikumi National Park
Our driver will be there to welcome you at the Dar es Salaam Airport. Transfer to Mikumi nature and game reserve in a well-equipped jeep with a photo/film hatch. We have a packed lunch which we will enjoy on the road and we should reach our guest house at the Mikumi gate in the afternoon. We drop our luggage off at the guesthouse and go on our first game drive in search of both small and big game. Dinner will be served at the guest house and we can retire to the terrace for a drink to recapture the impressions of the day.
* When you arrive late in the afternoon or at night at Dar es Salaam airport, you will stay the first night in our comfortable Airport guesthouse in rooms with airconditioning. Your safari trip to Mikumi will start at day 2 after breakfast. In this case you will have 1 night less at Zanzibar.
DAY 2: Mikumi National Park – Game drives
We make an early start our game drive after breakfast. This is the best time to see animals as it is cool enough for them to move about. Predators are also active at this time. We enjoy breakfast on our return and then go on an extensive second game drive, have lunch, and then take a boat safari on the Wami River which has many hippos, crocodiles and birds of prey. At the end of the day, the local chef will have prepared a delicious meal that we’ll enjoy with a view of the Indian Ocean.
DAY 3: Mikumi – Selous Game Reserve
We pack our luggage on the roof of the jeep and take a beautiful route to the Africa Safari Camp, our base for the next 3 days, during which we will get to learn a lot about the flora and fauna of this region. We stay in comfortable African huts with shower and toilet. There is also a swimming pool, restaurant and bar. Dinner and enjoy!
DAY 4-7: Selous Game Reserve
We will explore the vast Selous by jeep, boat and on foot in the next 2 days. What makes game drives unique in this reserve is that you are allowed to drive off the road which means that you can get really close up to the wild animals. In the afternoons we return to the Africa Safari Camp where we enjoy a delicious dinner and chat about our adventures around the campfire
DAY 8: Selous – Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar
After breakfast we go on a hiking safari with an armed guide in the area surrounding the Africa Safari Camp and may come eye-to-eye with various wild animals. You can then make a choice out of the following options:
- Drive back to Dar es Salaam for your return flight home
- drive back to Mahaba Beach to stay there for a few extra days at this pleasant resort and beach
- board a 13-seater aircraft for a flight to Dar es Salaam for your return flight home
- fly on to Zanzibar for a beach holiday of a minimum of 4 days at the Reef & Beach*** or Paradise Beach**** resorts on the exotic island of ZANZIBAR
During this 8-days Mikumi-Selous safari holiday, u will stay in the following comfortable accommodations:
TANAPA GUESTHOUSE – MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK
Tanapa guesthouse is located in Mikumi National Park. You will stay here at full board basis in 2-4 persons bungalowrooms with shower and toilet. There is a nice terrace where you can enjoy a sundowner while watching wild animals walking around.
AFRICA SAFARI CAMP – SELOUS GAME RESERVE
Set in magical Southern Tanzania, the Africa Safari Camp is a paradisiacal retreat, located at the entrance of the Selous Game Reserve, the largest reserve in Tanzania. The Rufiji river is within walking distance, with all its wonderful African wildlife and spectacular scenery. Staying at our camp is a memorable experience, filled with adventure and excitement by day, and relaxation, ambience and romance by night.
Africa Safari Camp is uniquely located, we are the only camp directly by the main-gate, Mtemere airstrip and Game Reserve border. In the middle of the camp there is a special lake that attracts plenty of Elephants, Monkeys, Leopards and other game for a drink and a rest. This lake is close to the restaurant.
At the Africa Safari Camp we have spacious and comfortable bungalows, each with its own bathroom with toilet, hot water and shower. They also have large comfortable beds and ceiling fans.
BUNGALOWS & AFRICAN BANDA HUTS
- 6 Luxurious Safari Bungalows (4-6 people)
- 16 traditional Banda Huts (2-3 people)
- 1 Swimming pool
All with hot water forest showers, European toilets and bathrooms, ceiling fans and charging points for mobile phones and cameras.
Our African restaurant offers a full board service and all meals are freshly made from local ingredients by our excellent staff. For the safaris we provide fresh packed lunches so you can enjoy your lunch in the bush – very special! We have our own water supply and use solar electricity. For the hot water we have firewood hot water boilers, and generators for backup.
Prijzen in Euro’s voor personen vanaf 16 jaar
Children discountst 16 jaar € 200,- p.p.
Arrivals: daily from 1 september 2016 untill 31 december 2017
- by flight from Selous to Zanzibar with 4 days stay at all Inclusive basis at Reef & Beach*** Resort € 495,- p.p.
- by flight from Selous to Zanzibar with 4 days stay at all Inclusive basis at Paradise Beach**** resort € 595,- p.p.
- (including all transfers and inland flight Zanzibar – Dar es Salaam for your flight to the Netherlands or Belgium
- by flight from Selous to Dar es Salaam € 150,- p.p.
- 2 x overnight in bungalowrooms in Mikumi National Park with pool in African bungalows at full board basis
- 5 x overnight in Africa Safari Camp in bungalows or ‘Mudhuts’ with shower and toilet, swimmingpool at full board basis
- all game drives in well-equipped jeep with a photo/film hatch
- parkfees Selous Game reserve
- boatsafari Rufiji rivier
- excursion local Village
- bushwalk with bushman and ranger Selous
- professional English speaking driver/guide
- drinking water during game drives
- flight Zanzibar – Dar Es Salaam (when international flight from Dar es Salaam)
Included by 4-day extension Zanzibar:
- inland safari flight from Selous to Zanzibar + taxi transfer to Beach resort of your choice (retour)
- international flight Zanzibar of Dar es Salaam
- visumcosts $ 50 p.p.
- drinks at Africa Safari Camp in Selous
- optional excursions and activities at Zanzibar
- tips and personal expenses